Today the developers at CABO Studio released an update for the popular top-down extraction shooter Zero Sievert.
The update, numbered 0.30It comes with a number of tweaks and changes including a daily quest, more weapons, more attachments, quality of life adjustments, and tons of bug fixes.
You can check out a trailer below and the full patch notes.
Introducing Daily Quests to ZERO Sievert! We are happy to announce that we have just added a brand new feature to enhance your adventures in the world of Zakov. Starting today, you will find daily quests waiting for you in the game, which are updated every day at 7 am Zakov time. These missions are designed to offer you a variety of challenges tailored to different difficulty levels, ensuring there is something for everyone. The best part? There is no deadline to complete them, and you can always abandon a quest via the quest list if you don’t like it. Get ready to embark on exciting new quests every day and discover even more of what Zakov has to offer!
- PP-19 bizon
- 9x18mm variant
- 9x19mm variant
- Tokarev TT-33
- AK wooden grip
- Ak wooden grip with rail
- G36 Desert Attachments: Stock & 2 Handguards
- 2 muzzle brakes for 9×18 mm and 9×19 mm
- 2 new long range scopes
- silencer 7.62x25mm
- silencer 12x70mm
- 7.62×51 30-shot and 50-shot magazine
- Marginally improved map spawn times and in-game performance on maps with a lot of grass.
- Fixed a memory leak issue.
- Improved stability and performance, especially on low-spec hardware.
- Map seeds will now show up when in debug mode.
- Updated intro animation.
- Removed version update message on first boot.
Quality of life and gameplay
- Added a “Resume” button to the main menu that will load the last played slot.
- You can now remove certain quests from your quest list.
- Extraction zones now have a green flare as an indicator.
- A red HUD appears at the edge of the screen when the user is hit while scoped.
- Added a dedicated keybind to unlock a weapon (Default: “V”).
- Weapons now remember the last selected fire mode.
- Hovering over a weapon now shows the compatible ammo and vice versa.
- Boars now make almost constant sounds when attacking.
- Sleep will now heal all bleeding stacks.
- Sleep will heal radiation at a rate of 0.01 radiation per minute (play time) of sleep.
- No matter the value of the “single item quantity” setting, items in containers that have their maximum stack quantity equal to 1 cannot exceed this quantity.
- The quantity of a single item in both containers and vendors cannot exceed 999.
- The injectors now have new names.
- In-game year/day/month now reflects real world dates. (No more than February 30)
- Stamina regen slightly decreased.
- Speedster skill run speed reduced from 10% + 3% per level to 5% + 1% per level.
- The scrap material needed to repair equipment is slightly increased.
- The medic’s armor repair is now calculated based on the price of the armor, not its armor class. In general, armor repair is more expensive now.
- Increase in price of injectors.
- Small rebalancing of injectors.
- Small balance changes made for consumables:
- Cooked meat: Hunger 23 -> 16
- Meat Sandwich: Hunger 16 -> 22
- Bottle of water: Thirst 20 -> 25
- Rotten Water: Thirst 18 -> 12. Radiation 0.3 -> 0.4
- Cooked pasta now gives 2 bowls instead of 1.
- The boiled egg no longer requires water.
- Sandwich butter now requires only 1 loaf.
- Fixed an issue where enemies can spawn on walls.
- Fixed a bug where there were unreachable extraction points on any map.
- Fixed an issue with casting shadows in the bunker.
- Fixed an issue where the “tutorial” tab is highlighted after the user returns from the “Data” menu.
- Fixed an issue where a tank would float in the north bunker area.
- Fog Alpha can no longer be adjusted, even if Fog of War is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Fog of War shadow clip would get corrupted when running near the base fence on the Swamp map.
- Fixed an issue where a corrupted grass texture would display when disabling the “Grass Sway” setting.
- Fixed a crash during the mall map loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where the version update message could inadvertently close.
- Fixed an issue where the data collection option does not reflect the user’s choice until the game is restarted.
- Fixed an vulnerability where inventory items can be continuously multiplied when spamming the Inventory tab while sleeping.
- Fixed an issue where SFX steps were missing in the bunker.
- Fixed an issue where the user can activate inspection (K) while consuming consumables.
- Fixed an issue where the extraction counter would overlap with the death screen.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling and reinstalling modules in different slots would multiply the module in the slots it was previously installed in.
- Fixed an issue where the character would teleport and get stuck in an unreachable area after entering the sewer.
- Fixed an issue where acquiring some task rewards would trigger the “GA lvl 3 Difference Setting” popup.
- Fixed a crash that occurs after pressing ESC from General Artemovich’s task menu.
- Fixed an issue where the “character health” setting would incorrectly apply the HP value.
- Fixed an issue where the credits section kept scrolling down with no content.
- Fixed an issue where the player character can move during sleep if the ESC button is activated.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted fog of war could be rendered at the edges of the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the stacked bullet numbers in the merchant inventory menu would overlap with the tab grid.
- Fixed an issue where the ESC key triggers the pause menu instead of returning to the previous options in Armor Repair in Doctor.
- Fixed an issue where bleeding would still occur after setting “Human/Mutant Damage Dealt” to 0.
- Fixed an issue where the save file slot would display as “0H 0M” on the Load Game screen even if Permadeath is active.
- Fixed an issue where using anti-radiation pill stacks in a radiation zone would affect radiation grain and bleed.
- Fixed an issue where the number of metal pipes can double in Mr.Junk’s inventory after they are placed in trade spaces and the trade menu is closed and reopened.
- Similarly, fixed an issue where multiple medical consumables could be duplicated in the Doctor trade menu.
- Fixed an issue where ghouls would sometimes idle in the attack animation while the user was nearby.
- Fixed an issue where the character could start bleeding from radiation in the bunker only after sleeping.
- Fixed an issue where inspection could be triggered while scoping.
- Fixed an issue where the character’s weapon could go through the wall at the bunker entrance.
- Fixed an issue where two checkpoint markers may be present on screen when the user exits any building.
- Fixed an issue where the personal device clock would jump one hour when the user slept before midnight until the next day.
- Fixed an issue where the player could spawn inside an object and get stuck when exiting the train.
- Multiple typo fixes.
- Fixed a bug where equipped weapon could miss when moving left to right and looking up and down.
- Fixed missing SFX bug while user was walking through fire anomalies.
- Fixed a bug where trees would spawn under cliffs, resulting in clipped textures.
- Fixed a bug where fog of war would not load immediately after loading a game.
- Fixed a bug where grass could be created outside of the map.
- Fixed a bug where the grass would disappear before the black screen fades after the user draws from a map.
- Fixed bug with damaged POIs in the mall map parking lot.
- Fixed a bug where the electrical anomaly on the mall map would not attack the player.
- Fixed a bug where the player can become invisible when performing a series of actions.
- Fixed a bug where the purple crystal scene could be interrupted if the user was being healed or consumed.
- Fixed a bug where corrupted graphics could appear after being implemented on the mall map.
- Fixed a bug where mutants would always cause the player to bleed and wound.
- Players can no longer equip rotated pistols.
- Fixed an issue where inventory slots would be highlighted when hovering over certain items in various menus.
- Fixed an issue where the player is unable to switch between ammo types if the weapon is not loaded.
- Fixed an issue where save data would be erased if the device lost power during the save.
- Fixed a bug where the game would launch in full screen mode even if the player settings indicated otherwise.
- Fixed a crash if a particular type of grass did not spawn.
Zero Sievert is currently exclusively available on PC in early access. and you can find it on Steam. While it is a pull-out shooter, it comes with retro-style 2D graphics that make it quite unique, vast procedurally generated maps, extensive weapon customization, and plenty of narration through many missions.
If you want to learn more about the game, you can read our dedicated preview. We also have plenty of guides to help you deal with zero sievertthe challenges of .