Today, third-party developers released two major airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator and revealed news about more plugins.
We started with DC Designs, which revealed New images of the F-4 Phantom showing the external model and cockpit. On top of that, the developer announced that the previously announced A-10 Thunderbolt II will be free for both PC and Xbox. We don’t know exactly how or why yet, but the news will be shared around May.
“There have also been some questions about the A-10 that another developer recently released for MSFS, and whether ours would go ahead. All I can say is, if you’re willing to wait, our A-10 for PC and Xbox with the right optimization for performance, proper custom sounds, custom systems and displays, it won’t cost you anything. Zero. Nothing. I can’t say anything more than that right now, but things will clear up around May. So, If you love the A-10, but also want to save money, sit back and wait, it’ll be worth it.”
Next, we got an announcement from Orbx, which revealed an upcoming version of Tivat Airport (LYTV) in Montenegro. We don’t have a release date yet, but below you can see some screenshots and read a list of features.
- Detailed terminal interiors
- parallax windows
- Custom apron and catwalk textures
- Optimized for Xbox
- custom library objects
- Porto Montenegro and NAVAR Yacht Service and other custom points of interest on approach
iniBuilds and iBlueYonder Announced a release date for the upcoming Dalla Love Field Airport (KDAL). It will be released on Monday, April 3. You can also check out a trailer below showing off this glorious old airport.
Moving on to the launches, Drzewiecki Design has finally launched the Tallinn Airport (EETN) which serves the Estonian capital.
It is currently available at iniBuilds store and in Simmarket from $22.90
- A quality model of EETN Tallinn, presenting the updated version with extensive details throughout the airport.
- FPS compatible design, with epic night textures, dynamic lighting and PBR materials, HD mesh
- Performance friendly interior modeling in all terminal buildings, most hangars and control tower, static aircraft, custom animations, animated catwalks
- Tallinn city landmarks included
Another launch comes from FSDG, which inaugurated the Blaise Diagne International Airport (GOBD) serving Senegal’s capital Dakar.
It is available from the developer own shop for €14.99.
- Accurate representation of Blaise Diagne International Airport, Dakar, Senegal (GOBD)
- MSFS technologies (dynamic lighting, reflective textures,…)
- Detailed terminal with interior modeling.
- Updated floor layout with new military platform
- Optimized for great performance and visual results
- Compatible with all known plugins
- manual included
Microsoft flight simulator It is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you want to learn more, you should keep an eye on TechRaptor as we do it every day. Microsoft flight simulator news to keep you up to date on the many addons coming and being released for the simulator. We also recently interviewed Microsoft’s Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 “Mriya” and discussed Orbx’s Oslo Gardermoen Airport and RHDSimulations’ Boeing 767-300ER.