Dredge is filled with a number of mysteries that you will solve with fish or items, and there are a number of things hidden in different parts of the map for you to find on your own. One of the many mysteries are the Dredge Rock Slabs, which offer you some puzzles to complete in exchange for unique equipment.
There’s a lot to love about the Dredge, so be sure to check out our review! If you’re looking for help on where to start each Dredge quest, how to get sheet metal, or where to get more explosives, we’ve got you covered too!
Each dredging rock slab puzzle location
There are a total of 5 Rock Slab locations scattered around the map (mostly in or near each main area) that you can discover. Placing fish on them the right way, and with the right fish, you’ll get some of the best equipment in Dredge. Advice: You can do this at any point in the game, and we recommend completing #1 first.
Rock Slab Location #1 – J9
- Clue: “Curved Fish”
- Required Fish: 5x Cod
- Reward: Sinew Spindle (Inshore, Shallow, +6% Fishing Speed)
Rock Slab Location #2 – D13
- Clue: “Twisted Shape of a Deformed Fish”
- Required Fish: Intertwined Mullet (can be caught with a rod nearby)
- Reward: Tendon Rod (Ocean, Mangrove, Shallow, +28% Speed)
Rock Slab Location #3 – O14
- Clue: “Two misshapen fish wriggling in the sun”
- Required Fish: 2X Serpentine Mackerel (Can be fished with a rod or net nearby)
- Reward: Embedded Talisman (+330% Fishing Speed) + Unfathomable Flame
Rock Slab Location #4 – P3
- Clue: “Three crab-like creatures”
- Required Fish: 2 Rock Crab, 1 Decorator Crab (can be caught with nearby pots)
- Reward: “Mouth of the Deep” Crab Trap (lasts 10 days, 3 catches per day, size 6×6)
Rock Slab #5 Location – H2
- Clue: “four big and powerful fish”
- Required Fish: Hammerhead Shark (#36), Ghost Shark (#52), Bronze Whaler (#9), Blacktip Shark (#10)
- Reward: Gore Crane (Abyssal, Hadal, +55% Fishing Speed)
Once you complete all 5, you’ll unlock the “Servant of the Shrines” achievement in DREDGE, as well as having some pretty solid gear that’s not too difficult to acquire early on.