Dredge is a game steeped in mystery, and its main goal, “The Collector,” is no different. Through this mission, you will visit each of the island chains to complete tasks or hunt for treasure, with the goal of delivering each of these relics to the Collector. Here’s a brief walkthrough of what you’ll be doing during The Collector Pursuit in Dredge.
There’s a lot to love about the Dredge, so be sure to check out our review! Whether you want a map of the activities in Dredge, help finding free sheet metal, or how to get explosives, we’ve got you covered too!
The 5 Dredge Relics
There are 5 relics in Dredge that you will collect, and beyond the first, you can complete them in pretty much any order, although the next order is given to you by The Collector. With each relic you turn in, you will also gain an ability.
- Ornate Key (The Marrows) – Found in a shipwreck on the opposite side of the island from Greater Marrow. Turning yourself in gives you the Haste Ability.
- Music Box (Gale Cliffs) – You will get this by dredging in Gale Cliffs, near a dock that the hermit has. You will have to complete his quest to unlock explosives and break the debris that gets in your way. You will get the ability to convert this.
- Shimmering Necklace (Twisted Strand) – You will get this by completing “The Bitter End” quest in the northwest corner of the map. You will get the ability to convert this.
- Jewel-Encrusted Ring (Star Basin) – You will get this by dredging in the middle of the Stellar Basin island chain. You’ll want to work through the Investigator’s Quest to stun the creature in the middle and unlock Nether Rods. You will get the ability to convert this.
- Pocket Watch (Devil’s Backbone) – You will collect this by completing the “Flames of the Deep” in Devil’s Spine, where you will have to collect flames from 3 different platforms. Once you return to the man, you will get this item, and you will gain the ability to deliver it.
All 5 Dredge Skills
As you give The Collector each item, it will unlock an ability for you to start using. These are the different abilities that you will get by completing the main quest of the game.
- Hurry – When equipped, you will move much faster, but make sure you don’t burn yourself and damage your engine!
- Manifest – When equipped and used, it takes you back to the Dock outside where you talk to The Collector.
- Banish – Activating this will ward off evil, allowing you to get rid of the many dangers you will encounter at night and around the map.
- Atrophy – Activating this will instantly consume a fishing spot and give you some of the fish inside. Great way to try to catch rare/abomination fish.
Dredge Alternate Ending
Once you have delivered all the relics and The Collector requests to go with you, you have two options:
- Main Ending – Follow it and when the collector asks you to go with you, say yes and follow his instructions to get this ending and the achievement without shackles
- Alternate Ending – To get the alternate ending, grab the collector’s book when you get a chance and then go see the lighthouse keeper who will guide you on how to get the alternate ending and the achievement sated.
- Note: You can reload your game to earn both achievements in a single match.
With that, you’ve finished the game and unlocked both endings!