Frey’s journey in abandoned will see her learn a wide range of powerful magical spells as she battles Athia’s many dangers. However, not all spells can be added to her repertoire simply by defeating enemies. This is where Fountains of Blessing come into play, offering Frey some unique spells that often have uses outside of combat. In our abandoned Blessing Fountains Guide, we will show you how to get to the fountain and what spells it will unlock
abandoned Blessing Fountains Overview
Fountains of Blessing are introduced to you during the main story, giving you access to one without much searching. Its appearance is that of a sparkling pool of water, with a column of light visible as you get closer. All you need to do to gain the power of a Source is simply jump inside, unlocking the relevant spell after a short cutscene, no mana required!
In the Magic menu, any spells unlocked by Fountains of Blessing that you haven’t learned will be displayed as a question mark. Selecting the hidden spell will show the area where the related Source can be found. These spells are also tied to each magic type, which means that certain Sources cannot be used until you have unlocked the corresponding magic type.
There are 12 Blessing Fountains in total, and the full set unlocks the Fountain’s Call: Beatified achievement/trophy.
abandoned Somewhere near Cipal’s Blessing Fountains
- Where: The Barren Plains – Required to unlock as part of the main story.
- Unlocks: Leap (Frey’s magic). It is used for climbing walls and other tall obstacles. He pairs up with Soar to win multiple wall jumps.
Renegade Praenost Blessing Fountains
- Where: Brass Hollow
- Unlocks: Burrow (Frey’s Magic)
- Where: The Citadel
- Unlocks: Shimmy (Frey’s magic). Useful for increasing movement speed on uneven terrain.
- Where: The Gathering Ground
- Unlocks: Beacon (Sila’s Magic)
abandoned Junoon Fountains of Blessing
- Where: Physics Garden
- Unlocks: Parody (Wave Magic)
- Where: Crosstide Coast
- Unlocks: Diversify (Wave Magic). You can add a fourth ability to the necklaces.
abandoned Avoalet Sources of Blessing
- Where: The Water Garden
- Unlocks: Soar (Sila’s Magic). It is used for climbing walls and other tall obstacles. He pairs up with Leap to win multiple wall jumps.
- Where: Golden Hills
- Unlocks: Rush (Sila’s Magic). Pressing the Flow button again when the effect is about to end gives Frey an additional speed boost and continues to Flow at no additional stamina cost.
- Where: Las Molduras
- Unlocks: Suppression (Wave Magic)
abandoned Visoria Sources of Blessing
- Where: Visorian Plateau
- Unlocks: Alb (Prav’s Magic)
- Where: Inner visor, at the bottom of the map.
- Unlocks: Floater (Prav’s Magic). Drastically slows down fall speed, but depletes stamina quickly. It will stop all falling damage if used close to the ground, regardless of how fast it is initially falling.
- Where: The Windy Hills
- Unlocks: Fortify (Prav’s Magic). It allows to improve the defense of capes and necklaces.